The Hearthstone team announced the launching of its first Mini-Set, coming on January 21st. Composed of 35 new unique cards, The Darkmoon Races Mini-Set promises to give a new twist on the metagame.
Players and enthusiasts shared their thought process about when the next expansion would come out, but no one predicted new cards this soon.
The entire pack of cards can be purchased for $14.99 or 2000 gold, and it’s available in-game on the webshop. The other way to get these cards is by the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire card packs.
Come one, come all, to the fastest most dangerous competition in Azeroth: The Darkmoon Races, launching January 21!
All 35 Darkmoon Races Mini-Set cards will be obtainable through Darkmoon Faire Packs, or in the Shop as a full set for $14.99 / 2000 Gold! pic.twitter.com/QiYKBKxdYT
— Hearthstone (@PlayHearthstone) January 19, 2021
New Cards Revealed
This is the exciting part and what everyone wants to know. Each class is getting 2 new cards, then are 10 Dual-Class cards and 5 Neutral. So let’s break it down by rarity:
To start well, players will have 4 new legendaries available:
(5) Keywarden Ivory (4/5: Dual-Class) – Battlecry: Discover a dual-class spell from any class. Spellburst: Get another copy.
(5) Dark Inquisitor Xanesh (3/5: Priest) – Battlecry: Reduce the Cost of all Corrupt cards in your hand and deck bt (2)
(5) Envoy Rustwix (5/4: Warlock, Demon) – Deathrattle: Shuffle 3 random Prime Legendary minions into your deck.
(5) Moonfang (6/3: Neutral, Beast) – Can only take 1 damage at a time.
Maybe a little bit disappointing, but only 1 new epic card:
(3) Deathwarden (2/5: Neutral) – Deathrattles can’t trigger.
Here is a big slice of the Mini-Set, with 14 new options:
(9) Runaway Blackwing (9/9: Neutral, Dragon) – At the end of your turn, deal 9 damage to a random enemy minion.
(5) Arbor Up (Druid) – Summon two 2/2 Treants. Give your minions +2/+1.
(4) Lightsteed (3/6: Priest, Elemental) – Your healing effects also give affected minions +2 Health.
(4) Rally! (Dual-Class) – Resurrect a friendly 1-Cost, 2-Cost, and 3-Cost minion.
(3) Hysteria (Dual-Class) – Choose a minion. It attacks random minions until it dies.
(3) Luckysoul Hoarder (3/4: Dual-Class) – Battlecry: Shuffle 2 Soul Fragments into your deck. Corrupt: Draw a card.
(3) Saddlemaster (3/4: Hunter) – After you play a Beast, add a random Beast to your hand.
(3) Imprisoned Celestial (4/5: Paladin) – Dormant for 2 turns. Spellburst: Give your minions Divine Shield.
(3) Sparkjoy Cheat (3/3: Rogue) – Battlecry: If you’re holding a Secret, cast it and draw a card.
(2) Landslide (Shaman) – Deal 1 damage to all enemy minions. If you’re Overloaded, deal 1 damage again.
(2) Shenanigans (Rogue) – Secret: When your opponent draws their second card in a turn, transform it into a Banana.
(1) Guidance (Dual-Class) – Look at two spells. Add one to your hand or Overload (1) to get both.
(1) Glacier Racer (1/3: Mage) – Spellburst: Deal 3 damage to all Frozen enemies.
(1) Armor Vendor (1/3: Neutral) – Battlecry: Give 4 Armor to each hero.
Commons are the more significant part of the set, with a total of 16 new cards:
(7) Libram of Judgement (5/3 Weapon: Paladin) – Corrupt: Gain Lifesteal.
(5) Mistrunner (4/4: Shaman) – Battlecry: Give a friendly minion +3/+3. Overload (1).
(4) Felsaber (5/6: Demon Hunter, Demon) – Can only attack if your hero attacked this turn.
(4) Barricade (Dual-Class) – Summon a 2/4 Guard with Taunt. If it’s your only minion, summon another.
(3) Dreaming Drake (3/4: Druid, Dragon) – Taunt. Corrupt: Gain +2/+2.
(3) Backfire (Warlock) – Draw 3 cards. Deal 3 damage to your hero.
(3) Ironclad (2/4: Warrior, Mech) – Battlecry: If your hero has Armor, gain +2/+2.
(2) Crabrider (1/4: Neutral, Murloc) – Rush. Windfury.
(2) Conjure Mana Biscuit (Mage) – Add a Biscuit to your hand that refreshes 2 Mana Crystals.
(2) Bola Shot (Hunter) – Deal 1 damage to a minion and 2 damage to its neighbors.
(2) Imprisoned Phoenix (2/3: Dual-Class, Elemental) – Dormant for 2 turns. Spell Damage +2
(2) Felfire Deadeye (2/3: Dual-Class) – Your Hero Power costs (1) less.
(1) Resizing Pouch (Dual-Class) – Discover a card with Cost equal to your remaining Mana Crystals.
(1) Nitroboost Poison (Dual-Class) – Give a minion +2 Attack. Corrupt: And your weapon.
(1) Illidari Studies (Demon Hunter) – Discover an Outcast card. Your next one costs (1) less.
(1) Spiked Wheel (0/2 Weapon: Warrior) – Has +3 Attach while your hero has Armor.
Here are all the cards your need to start studying now. For more information, click here.
As you could read before, the Hearthstone team decided to bring back some previous mechanics such as Corruption, Dormant, and Spellburst. To go along with that also some more Dual-Class cards.
This is something that probably will start to happen more often if future expansion: old mechanics.
Battlegrounds are getting a little update for the addition of 2 new heroes and 2 new cards. However, Floating Watcher was removed from the minion pool.
Duels are also receiving a massive upgrade on this patch with 10 new Hero Powers, 25 new Signature Treasures (5 of which are Dual-Class), 4 new Passive Treasures, and 2 new Active Treasures.
A reset for Heroic and Casual ratings is also happening on January 21st.
As in every patch, some bugs were fixed alongside game improvements to provide the best experience to players.
The Arena also has a little update. With the rotation, arena is including these sets:
- Darkmoon Races Mini-Set
- Madness at the Darkmoon Faire
- Scholomance Academy
- Ashes of Outland
- Demon Hunter Initiate
- The Boomsday Project
- Journey to Un’goro
- One Night in Karazhan
If you want to know a full detailed explanation about every bug fix or update, make sure to come here.
Some top-rated and well-known players as Fenomeno and Thijs already shared their first impression about the Mini-Set on their twitch streams, and overall they are satisfied with it.
We are all expecting new killer decks and innovation from the players. Let’s wait and see how the meta will change and what kind of combos are coming!