StarCraft II is the most popular real-time strategy game and the only one that really has a strong presence on the esports scene. Traditional bookmakers, as well as dedicated StarCraft betting sites provide punters with a multitude of betting options. Fans of the game, as well as savvy esports punters can take advantage of the high odds and the secure gaming environment to bet on an action-packed videogame.
Best StarCraft Betting Sites 2023
The popularity of the game has led to a flurry of new StarCraft 2 betting sites. They join veteran bookies, such as Betway to provide an ample selection of betting markets for the RTS game. In the quest for the perfect Esports betting sites there are a few qualities that you should consider. At the top of the list should be the license that confirms that the esportsbook is monitored by a reputable regulatory body.
The number of betting markets is relatively small, but that’s a limitation specific to the game genre. On the other hand, betting on StarCraft is more exciting when you can do it in real-time. That’s why punters should be looking for StarCraft betting sites that have a vibrant live betting section. It is also essential for the website to provide players with the opportunity of watching the games as they unfold. Live streams from dedicated platforms, such as Twitch or YouTube should be incorporated straight on the site.
Promotions and welcome bonuses are sought after by traditional punters and they make perfect sense when betting on StarCraft. The Betway Welcome Bonus is a shining example of how a bookmaker should welcome new players. Such bonuses act as bankroll boosters and give players the incentives to make the first deposit. Speaking of which, having the alternative of several payment methods is also something to look forward to. It goes without saying that security of transactions and the absence of fees is just as important as the speed at which money transfers are processed.
StarCraft II Tournaments
StarCraft betting sites will normally post the odds for the outright winners of major tournaments weeks in advance. This provides punters with the opportunity of locking in on top odds well before the competition begins. There are dozens of such tournaments scheduled every year, but three stand out from the crowd.
- DH SC Masters Season Finals – is the culmination of the DH SC Masters tournaments from Europe and North America. Outside South Korea this is the most important StarCraft 2 tournament, with a prize pool of $50,000. It takes place twice a year and pits the best players in the world against each other.
- Global StarCraft 2 League Season: Code S – StarCraft 2 betting sites dedicate ample coverage to this event scheduled four times a year. Some even have a dedicated Esports Bonus for this StarCraft 2 tournament. It brings the best South Korean players into the spotlight, with a guaranteed prize pool of $118,000.
- IEM Katowice – when the World Championship was discontinued, this became the most important StarCraft II tournament in the world. It has the biggest prize pool of $250,000 and is takes place once a year, in February in Poland. All the important StarCraft betting sites cover this major tournament.
StarCraft II Betting Markets Available at Esportsbooks
Compared to other popular eSports, StarCraft provides punters with fewer betting markets. That’s because there are no in-game objectives to complete and instead of teams, there are only two players competing against each other. As a result, StarCraft betting sites provide punters with a handful of betting markets, with these three being the most popular:
- Map winner – you bet on the player to win the next match, usually in a best of three series. The odds are similar to those offered for the outright winner, slightly lower on the underdog. This market is preferred by punters who want to enjoy superior odds when betting on the favorite.
- Total maps – you bet on over/under 2.5 maps to be played in the standard best of five series or over/under 4.5 maps in a best of seven. It doesn’t matter who wins the series, as long as the prediction regarding the total number of markets is correct.
- Correct score – the best odds are reserved to players who are bold enough to bet on the correct score in a series. You bet on the exact score at the end of a series, so you also need to correctly predict the winner. This StarCraft betting market has the advantage of delivering the biggest odds.
StarCraft II Betting Odds
In order to be successful when betting on StarCraft you must have solid knowledge of the game. Equally important is to seek top odds to mitigate the house edge and boost your chances in the long run. StarCraft betting sites publish the odds for major tournaments weeks and even months in advance. This enables punters to compare them before the competition starts and lock in top value. For daily matches, StarCraft 2 odds comparison sites can come in handy and help players maximize the potential returns. Most bookies display them by default in decimal format, with American and fractional odds being the alternative.
5 Top Tips for making smart choices when betting on StarCraft II events
There are plenty of things to consider when betting on StarCraft 2 matches to boost the odds of winning. These five tips are likely to have the biggest impact in the long run and help you offset the house edge.
- Place your bet on the favorites as soon as possible because the odds are likely to drop.
- Bet on a high number of maps in balance matches, as clean sweeps are not that often
- Betting with PayPal has the advantage of speedy and secure money transfers.
- Grab StarCraft II bonuses with sensible wagering requirements offered by reputable betting sites.
- Take advantage of the live betting feature to seize fleeting opportunities in StarCraft matches.