Brazil is the biggest country in South America and the one with the largest population by far. A significant percentage of young people enjoy video games and the best play them at a competitive level. Some of the best Counter-Strike: Global Offensive teams are located here and Brazilians have a fast-growing LoL community. As the games are played at the highest level, the esports betting market expands just as quickly. Players have plenty of options and with an abundance of esports betting sites the most important decision is choosing a reliable partner.
Editor’s Pick: Top Esports betting site in Brazil
The search for the best esports betting sites in Brazil invariably starts with licensed and regulated operators. We have assembled a list of bookmakers that can provide local players with an eclectic mix of video games and traditional sports. The ones that have made it to our top are prestigious sports books with a flawless reputation and plenty to offer. You will find the best bonuses here, excellent mobile betting opportunities and higher than average odds. Whether you choose to bet at GG.Bet or any of the other operators we recommend, you won’t be disappointed.
Is it Legal to bet on esports in Brazil? – Laws and Regulations
Gambling in Brazil is a sensitive issue, with players being prevented from legally betting on sports in this country. The law updated in 2015 has added online betting on the list of prohibited activities. This means that those who bet are at least in theory, in danger of paying a fine if caught in the act. The only legal forms of gambling are lotteries, with the federal government, as well as the states licensing the games.
On the bright side, Brazilians prepare for the passing of a bill that can legalize online and land-based sports betting. Senate Bill No. 186/2014 is the one that punters are pinning their hopes on, as it can be a game-changer. Since 2018 lawmakers have debated this issue and progress has been made, especially in recent years. Brazilian regulator SECAP will be responsible for creating the legal framework for players to enjoy the thrills of esports betting.
What is the minimum online gambling age in Brazil?
Since online gambling is not yet officially legalize, it doesn’t matter how old you. Having said this, in enforcement is weak and there are plenty of international gambling operators that accept Brazilians. They require them to abide by the terms and conditions which state that only those above 18 years old can play the games. This is the rule at most Internet casinos and bookies, so Brazilians are not at a disadvantage.
Speaking of which, this is the requirement in Brazil as well for playing lottery games, currently the only legal forms of gambling. The bottom line is that if you want to try your luck with one of the legal lottery games or bet on esports betting apps at international bookmakers, you need to be an adult.
The top 5 esports betting site accepting players from Brazil
The perspective of betting on esports in Brazil can be quite exciting. If you want to narrow down the search and find an operator that plays by the rule, you should consider these five. We strongly believe that any of them will be worth your time and they are most unlikely to disappoint.
- GG.bet is one of the leading esports books, with a fantastic collection of mainstream and special betting markets. It has great welcome bonuses with easy to meet wagering requirements. Ongoing promotions and overall competitive odds paint an accurate picture of what it has to offer.
- Bitcasino.io is a fantastic choice for Brazilians because it accepts players from all over the world. It is a crypto currency friendly bookmaker that keeps transactions fair and private. It has a generous cashback deal and no wagering requirements on bonuses, which is a huge plus.
- Betsafe is the obvious choice for punters who want to sign up for an account with a vastly experienced bookie. Since it made the transition to esports, it has expanded its lineup of games and betting markets. This is a licensed operator with an immaculate reputation internationally.
- Arlekin Casino also runs an accomplished esports book where punters can bet on CS:GO, LoL, Dota 2, Valorant, Overwatch and many other videogames. The matches are broadcasted in real-time straight on the website, which greatly enhances the fun factor of in-play betting.
- Betway was among the first bookmakers to embrace esports and it is one of the most important sponsors of videogame competitions. Some of the top Brazilian teams have had financial agreements with this bookmaker, which is also an excellent partner for local punters.
How to choose the right Brazilian esports betting site for you?
Any of the aforementioned bookmakers would make reliable partners for punters seeking the best place to gamble online. You can narrow down the search and safely jump right on the e-sports betting bandwagon Research goes a long way and if you want to dig deeper, these are key criteria to consider:
- Esports betting markets – you should be able to bet on mainstream as well as niche betting markets. The best bookmakers have at least a dozen betting markets on any esports event.
- Payment options – a mix of traditional banking options and cryptocurrencies is desirable. Players should at least get to choose between credit and debit cards, wire transfers and e-wallets.
- Mobile options – modern bookmakers must have their websites optimized for smartphones and tablets. Android and iOS devices should be reliable instruments for betting pregame and live.
- Welcome bonuses and promotions – these freebies help you offset the house edge by providing extra funds. The size of the bonuses, as well as the wagering requirements, matter a lot.
- Special features – in addition to providing a solid esports betting experience, gambling operators should also offer casino games in addition to the bookmaker section.
- Usability – the site should be intuitive, easy to navigate and load quickly regardless of the device used. Live bets should be placed with no delays to take advantage of fleeting opportunities
- Customer support - the best esportsbooks look after punters and provide them with customer support 24/7. Professionals who are fluent in Portuguese are likely to deliver superior service.
Betting Tips for Brazilian Punters
Choosing the best sports betting sites in Brazil, is important but not sufficient to be successful. In order to maximize your effectiveness when betting on sports, you should follow these common-sense tips.
- Bankroll Management – establish a strict bankroll for gambling and never bet more than you can afford. Wager only a percentage of the online bankroll and adjust the stakes constantly.
- Understand the Concept of Value – always try to find the odds where the benefits outshine the risks. This requires research and a thorough understanding of esports but it’s worth it.
- Use basic betting strategies – heed the advice of professional punters or craft your own betting strategy. These include arbitrage, betting on market prices and underdog live betting.
- Set reasonable objectives – don’t set your expectations too high and instead, settle for small achievements. Don’t hunt big winnings and never chase losses trying to offset them quickly.
- Monitor your performance – be perfectly honest with yourself when betting on esports. Keep track of your bets to see if you are successful or failing in the long run and make adjustments.
We have reached the conclusion of our guide about the best esports betting sites in Brazil. In anticipation of the moment when online betting will be legal nationwide, local players need to settle for what they’ve got. Choose a bookmaker that accepts players from Brazil while being licensed by a prestigious regulator. Hunt for value in the odds offered and aim for generous bonuses with reasonable wagering requirements. Use the right strategies and take advantage of betting tips to increase both the fun factor and profitability.